Rob Buckley introduced a selection of Good Value Burgundy on Thursday 4 July at St-Robert’s. The prices and scores shown below are from Winesearcher.
- Macon Villages, Cave Co-operative de Lugny, 2010 (Avg. UK Price is £9.60. Score 85/100) Vintage 9/10, www.cave-lugny.com
- Rully 1 cru Molesme, Domaine Ponsot 2008 (Unobtainable in the UK. The 2011 vintage costs £16.86 in France) Vintage 8/10. www.domaine-ponsot.com
- St Aubin 1 cru, En Remilly, Domaine Hubert Lamy 2007 (Average price in the UK is £30, Score 87/100) Vintage 7/10. www.domainehubertlamy.com
- Puligny Montrachet 1 cru, La Garenne, Domaine Gerard Thomas 2005 (Not available in the UK. £22 in France. Score 84/100, Jancis Robinson 16/20) Vintage 9/10. www.vins-bourgogne.fr/…/thomas-gerard-et-filles-sai.
- Savigny Les Beaune 1 cru, Les Lavieres, Domaine Du Prieure 2009 (£14.40) Vintage 6/10. www.domaineduprieure-maurice.com
- Volnay Vielles Vignes, Nicolas Potel, 2005 (Average price £27, Score 88/100) Vintage 9/10. www.nicolas-potel.fr
- Beaune 1 cru, Les Theurons, Louis Jadot 2005 (£25.75 in France) Vintage 9/10. www.louisjadot.com
Maconnaise: Total planted area: 5,814ha, Grape varieties: Chardonnay, Gamay, Pinot Noir, Production in 2011: 354,267 hectolitres, Main soil types: limestone, plus clay and flinty sand. Read more at http://www.decanter.com/people-and-places/wine-travel/583994/decanter-travel-guide-m-connais-burgundy?dec#q9y0DKML14FlprG8.99
This was a seated, tutored tasting. Tio Pepe Fino En Rama 2013 and Bouchard Pere et Fils Macon-Lugny 2010 were available for tasting on arrival at 6.30 pm. Cheese, bread and coffee were served after the tasting.
Mr. & Mrs. John Arnold, Mrs. Gail Bent, Pauline Buckley, Dr. Richard Chave-Cox, Dr. Mrs. Bernard Dias, Mr. & Mrs. Richard Fox, Prof. & Mrs. Charles Joslin, Mr. & Mrs. Douglas McFarlane, Mrs. Gwynneth Owen, Miss Rhiannon Owen, Mr. & Mrs. Peter Murphy, Mrs. Joan Stables, Drs. Alisdair & Elma Stewart, Mrs. Carole Wood, Mr.& Mrs. Les Wilson.
“I enjoyed the Burgundy tasting very much and I thought that Rob did an excellent presentation. I hope that he will offer to do another one in the future.” – Carole Wood, Ackworth, 6th July.
Last Updated: 11 July 2013