Harrogate Medical Wine Society’s October tasting – “Warwick Estate Wines” tutored by Warwick’s Mike Ratcliffe was held at St-Robert’s Centre in Harrogate on Friday 14 October 2011.
- Warwick Prof Black Sauvignon Blanc 2010 (£9.07 HMWS)
- Warwick Estate Chardonnay 2009 (£11.13 HMWS)
- Warwick Three Cape Ladies 2008 (£11.13 HMWS)
- Warwick Cabernet Franc 2008 (Platter 5 stars, £14.30 HMWS)
- Warwick Old Bush Vine Pinotage 2009 (£10.34 HMWS)
- Warwick Trilogy 2008 (£14.30 HMWS)
- Vilafonte Series M 2007 (£23.76 HMWS)
- Vilafonte Series C 2007 (£27.72 HMWS)
Visit www.vilafonte.com for information on Vilafonte wines.
Supper: Smoked salmon, Venison Casserole, Baked Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce, Coffee
Wines: Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile 2001 Trimbach, Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos 2005 William Favre, Torres Salmos 2007, Torres Perpetual 2007, Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon 1994, Quarts de Chaume 1999 Baumard.
“Thank you so much for organising such a wonderful and interesting evening; one of the best yet. We thought all the wines were first class and Mike brought them all to life with his interesting stories about Professor Black, The Jazz Band, Peaches, the opera singer and many more. The information on using restriction and flooding of water to stop and start hormone growth was fascinating. Our favourites were Trilogy and Vilafonte Series C. Also a delicious supper to conclude a fantastic evening of education in like minded company.” – Pat & John Shore, Harrogate.
“A seriously fantastic tasting from Mike and I thought his wines were superb – one of the most enjoyable events. Thank you for organising Bernard – much appreciated.” -Richard Fox, Harrogate.
“We very much enjoyed the Warwick tasting. The caterers are really good.” – Chris Bowes, Harrogate.
- Cohort 8 visits Warwick, a family winery in South Africa (stetsonemba.com)
- Zelma Long of Vilafonte Wines in South Africa Nominated as International Winemaker of the Year (prweb.com)
- Warwick/Vilafonte wine and Scrumptious food bloggers paired (vilafonte.com)