- Marani Mtsvane 2008:Aromatic, crisp and very drinkable white from Telavi sold by the georgian wine society at £8.99. 13.5%
- Tbilvino Rkatsiteli 2008: Most planted Georgian white grape. Less aromatic than Mtsvane but richer and more mouth feel. Food wine. Used also in making brandy. 12.5%.
- Telani Tsinandali 2005: A blend of Mtsvane and Rkatsiteli. Slightly oxidised, making it unpleasant.
- Satrapezo 10 Kvevri 2008: A wine from the clay pots. Golden, rich and mouth filling. Tannic from long contact with skins, pips and stalks. A food wine to be treated like a red.
- Kondoli Saperavi 2007: An excellent red from Georgia’s signature red grape. From Telavi. Aromatic with good fruit and acidity. Flavours of black cherry. £11.36 from Geowines.co.uk. Well worth getting hold of some.
- Orvela Saperavi/Cabernet Sauvignon 2006: From Chandrebi Estate but with TCA stain.
- Teliani Mukuzani 2006: Richer and more complex aged Saperavi.
- Satrapezo Saperavi 2007: Complex, soft, lovely Saperavi. £21.99 from Georgian Wine society.
- Marani Ojaleshi: Sweet red from Telavi. Forgettable.
- Thanks WBC11 – Georgia Wines Are on My Mind – Again (winecompass.blogspot.com)
- The Origin of Wine [Greg Laden’s Blog] (scienceblogs.com)
- Arblaster and Clarke Wine Tours (domainegeorgia.wordpress.com)